The Joint Communications Unit application process consists of three phases and requires dedicated time and effort from an applicant. Since each service has unique PCS requirements, we have built in some flexible parameters. Use this as a guide to ensure all necessary information is submitted.
Ideally, interested candidates should submit their application 12-15 months out from their eligible rotation date, but we will accept them outside of this window and work with you and your particular situation. We encourage you to contact the recruiting team with any questions.
- Enlisted candidates E5 and up; highly skilled E4s will be screened on a case by case basis.
- Service member must be able to obtain a Top Secret (SCI) clearance.
- USA MOS: 25A, 25B, 25C, 25L, 25N, 25S, 25Q, 25P, 25T, 25U, 25W, 94E, 94W, 18E, 91B, 92A, 92Y, 255A, 255N
- USAF AFSC: 3D1X3, 3D1X2, 3D1X1, 3D0X2, 3D190, 3D100, 17D, 1B4X1, 2S, 3F0X1
- USN Rate: IT, ET, CTN, LS, PS
- USMC MOS: 0621, 0629, 0631, 0639, 0671, 0679, 0689, 2841, 2862, 0699
*If you are not one of the MOS/AFSC/Rates listed above but are still interested, please contact the JCU recruiters for further guidance.
- Complete and return the application package with the following items:
- Joint Communications Unit Application
- Commanders evaluation form submitted by your O3 Level Commander, E8 NCO, or above
- Copies of your last five evaluation reports
- Copy of Service record review:
- Army: ERB or ORB
- Air Force: Records Review
- Navy: Electronic Service Record
- Marines: BIR, BTR, Awards Screen, Page 3
- The Recruiter conducts an initial screening of the application for completeness
- Packet is forwarded to the Personnel Section for Branch/Detailer/Monitor approval
- Packet is screened by the Chain of Command for approval
- Medical record screening
- Candidate is notified of approval/disapproval for Phase III
Phase III: Candidate is brought TDY to Ft Bragg, NC (funded by JCU):
- Physical Fitness Assessment (Branch standards)
- Psychological Evaluation
- Technical Evaluation
- Security Screening
- Candidate appears before JCU Selection Board
You formally enter the recruiting process when we receive all items identified in Phase I. For Phase III, you are brought TDY/TAD to the unit (funded by JCU). The JCU recruiter will coordinate your on-site activities and answer your questions. Our selection board consists of members from various elements within JCU. You will be notified if you are eliminated from consideration for any reason.
If you have questions not addressed here contact the JCU Recruiter at DSN 312-383-0203, Commercial 910-243-0203.